Dwarves are a stocky race of often bearded (for males) mountain and hill folk. They are about a foot shorter than humans, but weigh as much or even more than one. They are known for their endurance and wisdom. The dwarves of the Gildwest Mountains are often ascetic, seeking seclusion in the various monasteries and abbeys that dot the mountains and valleys of the Gildwest where they can study and practice their Wyrm Magic as monks and warrior priests. Dwarves of the Krith Lowlands are less austere than their mountainous kin, and take up the trades of craftsmen and merchants, using Wyrm Magic to aid in these endeavors.
Dwarves have the following special abilities:
• Dwarves are literate in Dwarven.
• Dwarves can use light, one-handed, and two-handed melee weapons without penalty.
• Once per encounter, a dwarf can use any card in his hand as a Dragon trump card.
• Once per adventure, a dwarf can use any card in his hand as a Heart trump card.
Elves are a tall and slender race, blessed with long lives and even longer ears. Most elves hail from the region of Minaibin, more specifically the Forest of Ial, otherwise known as The Crying Woods. Though with their long lives and unending wanderlust, elves has spread across The Dales, yet still maintain a mental connection with their homeland. This mental connection takes the form of what is called the Psi, or mental power that is harnessed from the self, and elves excel at this discipline called Rivaln in their language. Many elves also follow the disciplines of Ethir (information), Ismben (lore), Ryn (nature), and Kelos (shadow). Elves of like-minded disciplines form tribes, though these tribes are more like guilds than familial in nature.
Elves have the following special abilities:
• Elves are literate in Elvish.
• Elves can use light, one-handed, and two-handed ranged weapons without penalty.
• Once per encounter, an elf can use any card in his hand as an Orb trump card.
• Once per adventure, an elf can use any card in his hand as a Crown trump card.
Next week’s sneak peek will be Half-Dwarves and Half-Elves. Remember to check out our latest StoryCube release, The Dales of The Great Wyrm Lake
, and look for our upcoming ones this fall. And Grab Your Cubes!